Terms and Conditions
Terms and Conditions
By submitting your reservation and paying the booking deposit, you are agreeing to the “Terms and Conditions” and “House Rules”, whether by reading them on the website or verbally consenting over the phone or reading them in the booking confirmation email that are sent.
Submitting your information is a contractual agreement between me (Kim Schrier) and the named person who has booked the property.
In return, we will reserve the requested apartment, for the number days requested for your stay.
If you do not pay via Credit Card then we require a bank transfer within 2 days from the invoice being sent.
Your reservation will not be confirmed until your money has cleared.
Our online booking form must be completed by the party leader (the Client) who must be over 25 years of age or over.
The completion of the booking form indicates acceptance of the Booking and Payment Procedure/Terms and Conditions by the Client and that they have the authority to act on behalf of the persons named on the booking form including any substitutions or additions by any subsequent agreed amendments to the booking.
I require a copy of your ID, either passport or driving license.
No 3rd party bookings unless discussed with me prior to booking.
No stays over 14 days.
I do not accept booking from stag/hen groups or parties of any nature.
Note that: Surveillance devices are in operation for both apartments.
a) Blue Winds – monitors the outside of the apartment entrance.
b) Blue Waves – inside the lobby looking towards the outside.
Deposit: For bookings made direct or via booking.com, a £100 deposit is payable on booking to secure your dates.
Payment via BACS or Credit Card.
Balance Due: The balance is due 60 days prior to your arrival.
Damage Deposit: A fully refundable Damages Deposit of £250 is payable 60 days before arrival by BACS, with your balance payment.
This will be returned 7 days after your departure following inspection and assuming there is no damage.
Cleaning Fee: A cleaning Fee is payable with your Balance payment. £78 on Blue Waves – £88 on Blue Winds.
- If your booking has to be cancelled because Blue Winds and Waves is put under Government Restrictions and has to close and the period of closure covers Your booking You will be refunded in full.
- In the event that Your given address is put into Local/Regional Lockdown, rendering You unable to travel, and the period of restriction covers your booking You will be refunded in full.
- If your booking has to be cancelled because Blue Winds and Waves has to close through Force Majeure, meaning any of the following circumstances which may hinder or prevent the performance by us of the Contract, including but not limited to: (a) acts of God, flood, drought, earthquake or other natural disaster; (b) epidemic or pandemic; (c) terrorist attack, civil war, civil commotion or riots, war, threat of or preparation for war, armed conflict, imposition of sanctions, embargo, or breaking off of diplomatic relations; (d) nuclear, chemical or biological contamination or sonic boom; (e) any law or any action taken by a government or public authority, including without limitation imposing a restriction, prohibition, or failing to grant a necessary licence or consent; (f) collapse of buildings, fire, explosion or accident; (g) non-performance by our suppliers or contractors; and (i) failure of utility service, and the period of closure covers Your booking You will be refunded in full.
- Customer inability (or the inability of any, some or all of Your intended party) or disinclination to travel to and stay at Blue Winds and Waves for any reason.This includes – but is not limited to – illness (including Covid), a requirement or recommendation to self-isolate or quarantine, shielding, a call to jury duty, military service, incarceration, change in personal or work circumstances, family emergencies, travel delays, vehicle breakdown, and delays with public transport. These remain at Your risk and do not give rise to a right to cancel or to receive a refund unless we re-let the property, other than according to the sliding scale below. You are strongly recommended to take out UK travel insurance to cover these eventualities. If you choose not to take out UK travel insurance, then you accept responsibility for any loss that you may incur due to your cancellation.
- Cancellations must be notified to Blue Winds and Waves by email and once received in writing we will confirm the cancellation request.
Cancellation charges are as follows :-
|Number of days before start of holiday that notification of cancellation is received||The percentage of total booking value payable by the Client|
|More than 60 days||Full refund minus the £100 booking fee|
|31 – 60 days||50% of the booking cost|
|15 – 30 days||75% of the booking cost|
|0 – 14 days||100% of the booking cost|
However, if you have to cancel within the 60 days period, I will do my very best to re-let the apartment.
In the event that I am successful in obtaining a replacement booking, I will refund to the Client the total amount paid by the Client for the booking less the £100 Booking Fee and less the difference in price between the Clients’ booking and the replacement booking if one is made.
For example: A £1000 booking, fully paid, cancelled and re-let for £900, means that the original Client will be refunded as follows,
£1000 – £100 booking fee equals £900, – £100 rebooking shortfall, = Refund of £800.
The cleaning fee will always be refunded if there is no stay.
Changes to Dates
In the event that you would like to change the dates of your booking, we will endeavour to accommodate you without any additional administration charges. Changes to dates in higher tariff periods will be subject to the higher rental charge. Changes to dates in lower tariff periods made within 60 days of the start of the rental period, will only be subject to the lower charge if we can re-let the initial higher tariff period.
Cancellation by Me
I do not expect to have to make any changes to your booking. However, problems can occur that would result in me having to make an alteration or, very occasionally, cancel a booking.
If this does happen, I will contact you as soon as is reasonably practical and inform you of the cancellation or the change to your booking. If it is necessary to cancel your booking any payments made will be refunded in full.
Period of Hire
You should not arrive before 4pm on the commencement date, and leave by 11am on the day of departure.
Failure to do so may result in you being charged a further days rental.
Arrival & Departure outside these times is only by agreement prior to booking.
You must not use the property except for the purpose of a holiday during the holiday period, and not for any other purpose or longer period.
The agreement to stay in the property for the holiday period, does not create the relationship of Landlord and Tenant between the parties.
You shall not be entitled to a new tenancy, or to any assured short hold or assured tenancy or any statutory protection under the Housing Act 1988 or other statutory security of tenure now or at the end of the Holiday Period.
You will be provided with the full address, key code and wireless password 1 day before your stay – provided the security deposit, your ID, address and telephone number have all been received.
The apartment will be cleaned by out housekeeper prior to your stay and ready for your arrival with beds made up and towels and tea towels provided.
PLEASE ENSURE WINDOWS ARE SHUT AND THE FRONT DOORS IS LOCKED AND THE KEY IS LEFT IN THE KEY SAFE ON DEPARTURE.
There is no self isolation at the apartments. If you develop any symptoms of Coronavirus, you must go home immediately (as per UK government legislation).
If you do not leave the apartment you will be liable to pay for the total length of your stay PLUS an additional 50% as compensation to any and all bookings which I have to cancel for other clients
The prices are based on occupancy (i.e. per person) and include:
- All towels and linen
- Cleaning prior to arrival
- Free Unlimited Wi-Fi
- Free Netflix
- Free Alexa with unlimited music (Blue Winds only).
- All beds are double beds and prices are based on 2 sharing a bed.
- You must also let me know if someone else is joining your party after you have confirmed the party numbers on your booking as prices are per person.
I do not accept any liability for any damage, loss or injury to any member of your party, your vehicles or your possessions unless proven to be due to negligence by myself or employees during the course of their employment.
I cannot be held liable for third party responsibilities or breakdown of 3rd party equipment (e.g. Wi-Fi, Netflix).
I will of course do my upmost to resolve the problem asap.
I am happy to return items that have been left following departure. However, there will be a minimum charge of £5 plus postage and packing.
Vaping or Smoking of any substance is prohibited ANYWHERE INDOORS or OUTDOORS.
We only allow dogs, no other kinds of pets.
Dogs are ONLY allowed after approval.
Dogs have to be booked in and paid for. (£30 per dog, per stay/per apartment entered).
No dogs under 12 months old.
Dogs should not be allowed on the furniture or left alone in the property.
Damages / Loss of Keys
The Client is solely responsible for any and all damages, stains or breakage(s) that may be caused to the property or its contents and also for any non-return or loss of keys or loss of items in the inventory during their stay.
I appreciate that we all have little accidents now and again and the odd glass or cup will get broken but please inform me immediately of any mishaps, breakages or issues with the property so that it can be rectified for you immediately, my contact details are :-
email@example.com or +447555 382031
Failure to notify us of any damages may result in a deduction from your security deposit.
In the event of any damage/loss that is assessed to be in excess of the damage deposit the Client will be held responsible for full reimbursement of the outstanding amount within fifteen (15) days.
There is a £50 charge for replacement of the key if it is lost or not left in the key safe on departure.
If it’s in your pocket please call as soon as you realise!
The damages deposit is refunded as soon as the housekeeper has checked there is no damage to the property, items missing, marks or stains to the furniture/walls/linen etc, there are no breakages and there is no excessive cleaning from misuse.Dogs
Please read the house manual for more general information on the apartment that will make your stay more pleasant as you will be able to find things and less likely things will be damaged.
- No Smoking at the properties.
- Shoes off inside at Blue Winds.
- No more than 4 people in the apartments at any time
- No parties or events.
- No bikes of any type inside the apartments
- Only those aged 25 years and over may book.
- On check out:
- place used towels in the bath
- all rubbish and/or food should be placed in the bins provided either in the kitchen or if needed also outside in the bin area of the upstairs apartment.
- Do not take any property belonging to the apartments outside the properties.
- No naked flames.
- Please shut and lock all windows and doors when you are out
- Must be approved.
- Max 2 dogs.
- On Departure:
- Please ensure windows are shut and the front door is locked as you leave.
- The Key is returned to the key safe – failure to return the key will result in a £50 charge being deducted from your Security Deposit
Version Dated : 12th February 2021